The Band Choice – What makes Band chairs so unique
Discover the real Band difference. We have many unique design, manufacturing and finishing processes that give our chairs their exceptional look, durability and strength!
Roll over the chair image below for more information.
- The Band seat frame is made from one continuous piece of wood which is bent under high temperatures and joined in one place (join often not even visible). This technique gives unparalleled strength and has produced the most lightweight wooden stackable chair on the market.
- The groove in the seat frame (which allows the chairs to stack) is designed so that the only point of contact between the chairs is on the inside of the back leg beneath the seat. If there is any paint damage, it is kept to the least visible area. The groove is also designed to keep chairs very tight in their stack so when they are moved or transported in lorries they will not wobble, knock against other chairs or lose their stability.
- A steel bolt is used in place of screws to give extra strength.
- High quality machinery assures all joints are tight.
- The high quality finish of Band chairs comes as a result of a laborious painting process during which chairs are lacquered, sanded and lacquered again. Band’s antique finish is almost maintenance free.